Getting a good night’s rest is rarely as important than on the night before starting a new school year. Whether you are a teacher or an administrator getting ready to start the school year or you are the parent of young children, it is important that everyone who is walking into school on the first day is well rested. Being ready to learn and ready to teach are both easier to accomplish if you have had a good night’s rest. Perhaps because of this reason there are many families who are looking at buying new mattresses as the new school year begins. From the top Sealy Geneva Ruby firm selection to the Tempur Pedic mattresses that are offered at mattress stores, there are many products that can help you sleep easier all night long.
Aside from the beginning of a new school year, there are lots of other reasons why it is important to get the rest that you need. In fact, your health, your relationships, and your families are also more successful if you go into the day well rested.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the importance of sleep and the impact that it has on both individual productivity and the nation’s economy as well:
- 82% of Americans find one extra hour of sleep at night somewhat or extremely valuable.
- Most healthy adults need seven to nine hours of sleep each night.
- 65% of U.S. adults think sleep contributes to next day effectiveness, according to the 2018 National Sleep Foundation Poll found that 65%.
- 47% of U.S. adults slept on a Queen-size bed at home in 2017, according to a recent survey.
- 32% of U.S. adults slept on a spring mattress at home in 2017, according to a recent survey.
- Recommendations are that you start monitoring a mattress’s condition more regularlyIf you’ve had your mattress for at least 5 years it’s recommended you .
High end brands like a Sealy Geneva Ruby firm mattresses can help you make sure that everyone is getting a good night’s rest before the first day of school. Even if you are long past the days of school, it is always important to get a really good night’s sleep.