Are you in need of a new roof on your home? This is one of the home renovation projects that you don?t want to delay until next year. If a local roofing company has recommended that you repair or replace your roof, you should schedule an appointment as soon as possible. Whether winter is around the corner or summer is on its way, your house always needs a functioning and sturdy roof to protect everything inside of it. Without a high quality roof, you could jeopardize the rest of your home, your belongings, and your family.
Interested in learning more about how to find a local roofing company to work with? Keep reading for more information about everything from metal roofing to roofing installation.
5 Benefits to Installing Metal Roofing on Your HomeDon?t delay the inevitable any longer. If you have been notified by a local roofing company to replace your current roof, start researching your options. Need some help making a decision? Here?s five reasons to consider choosing metal roofing for your home.
1. Long-lasting Metal roofs can last for an extremely long time. Whether you plan on living in your home for the foreseeable future, you hope to sell soon, or you want to pass your home down to your children, a metal roof is the way to go. Experts claim that roof made of this material can last for more than 50 years. However, you have to make sure that properly maintain the roof throughout those decades or else it may not last quite as long. One reason this type of roofing is so long-lasting is because of the materials used to make it. Most metal roofs are made of products like steel and aluminum making them durable and trustworthy.
2. More affordable Metal roofing is also one of the more affordable choices when it comes to installation. If you hire a local roofing contractor to work on metal roof installation at your home, it?s like to save you up to 30% of what you would spend on other materials. For instance, slate and tile roofing cost more than metal roofing. Even if you choose to build your roof with expensive metal materials like copper, zinc, and stainless steel, it will still be cheaper than slate or tile roofing products.
3. Multiple styles and colors to choose from Metal roofing isn?t a one size fits all situation. There are a few choices for design and style when installing your metal roofing. Most people select from one of two options when planning on their metal roofing. They either go with the vertical panels across their roof or they opt for the interlocking shingles for their roof design.
When it comes to colors, you also have plenty to choose from. Nowadays, you can find metal roofing in more than 100 colors. On top of that, you can still go with the standard metal color or choose to go with a premium or customized color for your roof. Asphalt shingle roofs only provide around 20 colors for customers to choose from.
4. Save extra money In addition to the lower costs associated with metal roofing, there?s also the potential to save further money on your energy bills throughout the month. A metal roof can decrease your energy bill by nearly 25% throughout the year. They help keep your house cool or warm depending on the season rather than making your home heat up or cool down in the wrong season.
5. Recyclable While it may not personally benefit you, it?s important to note that metal roofs are 100% recyclable once they are replaced. So, you know that you are contributing to bettering the environment in your choice of roofing material. The metal roof you have installed will also be partially made from recycled materials. Statistics show up to 60% of most new metal roofs are made from recycled metal.
Have you decided what type of roofing material to use on your house? Which of these benefits interested you the most? Let us know in the comments your experience finding a local roofing company to help with your roofing installation.
Trackback from your site.